Saturday 3 March 2018

Useful Things Every Lazy Cook Needs In Their Kitchen

1. A mandolin slicer to cut down the time you spend preparing vegetables.


They have small handheld ones and bigger ones that sit on the counter. It is a huge time saver especially for people who hate cutting veggies and fruits! I’ll take about 20 minutes each Sunday to slice up my onions, cucumbers, carrots, and anything else for
the week. If they need to be diced then I slice them up in about a minute and it’s much quicker to dice them after that!

2. An egg boiler for perfect egg and soldiers every time.


I don’t know what possessed me to ever buy one seeing as I have saucepans but I’m so glad I did. I absolutely love it , perfect eggs and soldiers every time.

3. A bread machine so you can enjoy tasty, freshly-baked loaves without making it from scratch.


There are lots of settings on them and you can make loaves of bread (even gluten free if that’s your fancy), dough for things like pizza, rolls etc., and even jelly/jam. If you want homemade bread, just add in the ingredients, turn it on, and wait for a few hours."

4. A raclette grill that really does it all.
Grill and chill, cook and melt cheese at the same time. I never knew I needed a raclette grill in my life and now I don’t know how to live without it."

5. A bench scraper that can be used as a multi-purpose product

Kitchen tools that have multiple functions. My favourite is my bench scraper, aka dough or food scraper. Get a good stainless steel version with measurements on the side. I actually own a few of them. One in regular utensil drawer, one by my stand mixer for baking, and one near the cutting board."

6. A silicone dish sponge for quicker post-cooking cleaning.


A silicone sponge. I cook quite a bit and for me the longest part by far is the cleanup.

7. An electric frying pan for minimal mess.
Get yourself an electric frying pan. I use mine when I want to make something in a large batch without making a mess on the stove. I use mine for chicken cacciatore, chicken and noodles, fried rice, pancakes, bacon...so many uses for one pan that heats evenly and cleans quickly.

8. A meat defroster for when you're too lazy to take the meat out of the freezer the night beforehand.


I still use it all the time. Beats microwaving the meat to thaw it out. I throw it on there, have a glass of wine and by the time I'm done drinking, they're done thawing."

9. Disposable plastic gloves for people who get put off by preparing food
Perfect for those who dread preparing messy and/or smelly foods with their bare hands and are too lazy to wash/sanitise their hands after every step."

10. Silicone cooking utensils that are super easy to clean.

They are so easy to clean, you don't have to worry about leaving them resting against your pan and melting (oops!), and you can get them in pretty much every colour."

11. An air fryer that takes the effort out of frying food.


Perfect for frozen to fresh food, and it's always crispy without the deep fried feeling. It's also faster than the oven.

12. A George Foreman grill that's perfect for quick, fuss-free dinners.

A George Foreman grill – slap the meat/veg on, leave for 10 minutes and it’s cooked and not greasy.

13. Some sharp knives that'll make slicing and dicing your food much quicker and easier.


Sharp knives! I hate when I'm tasked with cutting, chopping, slicing or carving meat at someone's house and the knives are as dull as a plastic knife.

14. A cast iron pan that needs minimal cleaning and will in time lend that smokey flavour to food you can normally only achieve with a barbecue.


"A cast iron pan or griddle can give you something close to the flavour of a grill without needing to fire up a barbecue. Also you don't need, or want, to use soap when cleaning it."

15. A Crock Pot that you can just put your ingredients in while it does all the work for you.


No comments:

Post a Comment